Solano Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Solano Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a motorcycle accident? Contact the Solano motorcycle accident lawyer Frank D. Penney.
Motorcycle riders are in a unique position on the road. They enjoy the freedoms that come with their chosen form of transportation, but they are also left exposed to dangers not shared by automobile drivers and other motorists. The lack of any substantial protective barriers between a motorcycle and the road, as well as the difficulty that other motorists may have in anticipating and seeing a motorcycle, leave riders prone to serious injury in the event of an accident. Motorcycle riders, therefore, must be aware of their legal rights and the remedies if they are involved in a traffic accident.
Insurance laws in your state may be very different with respect to motorcycles versus automobiles; consequently, it is very important to consult with an attorney regarding the applicable laws in your state.
The risks that motorcycle riders face, and the need to protect their rights of recovery after an accident, become readily apparent through a review of the following statistics:More than 80 percent of all reported motorcycle accidents result in injury or death. On average, approximately 2,000 motorcyclists are killed and more than 50,000 are injured in traffic crashes each year. Head injury is the leading cause of death and serious injury in motorcycle crashes.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics:
- 2,862 motorcyclists lost their lives in traffic accidents -- 15 percent more than those killed in 1999.
- 58,000 motorcyclists were injured in crashes -- 16 percent more than those injured in 1999.
- Motorcyclists are about 18 times more likely to be in a fatal accident and 3 times more likely to be injured than those in passenger cars.
- The fatality rate for motorcyclists was 3.6 times greater than the fatality rate for occupants of passenger cars.
- Motorcyclists accounted for 7 percent of all traffic deaths, 8 percent of all occupant deaths, and 2 percent of all occupants injured.
- Over 50 percent of all motorcycles involved in fatal crashes collided with another motor vehicle in transit. In two-vehicle crashes, 76 percent of motorcycles involved were impacted in the front, and only 5 percent were rear-ended.
- Helmets were approximately 29 percent effective in preventing fatal injuries to motorcyclists.
- 49 percent of young motorcyclist who were fatally injured in motorcycle accidents were not wearing helmets at the time of the crash.
- 219 young motorcycle drivers between the ages of 15 and 20 were killed, and 5,000 more were injured.
Motorcycle Accident Resources
Below are additional motorcycle accident resources for motorcycle accident prevention and motorcycle safety. We hope that this information is helpful to you.
- State Helmet Laws: Provides helmet laws for each state.
- State Insurance Laws: Provides motorcycle and auto insurance requirements for each state.
- State Licensing Requirements: Provides motorcycle licensing requirements for each state.
- Tips for Safe Motorcycle Riding: Provides tips for safe riding, protective clothing, and more.
It is important to know what to do to protect the legal rights of yourself and your loved ones. Selecting the right motorcycle accident lawyer is an important decision. You should choose someone who is experienced, aggressive and dedicated to working to get fair compensation for your motorcycle injuries.We have successfully handled thousands of accident injury cases, which is why you should contact the Solano Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Frank D. Penney.
Get a Free Case Evaluation: